Seminar on tax aspects of operations abroad
Mazars Argentina together with the Argentine and Germany Industry and Trade Chamber, organized a seminar that dealt with different tax aspects of operations abroad. Such seminar took place on May 21 and 28; June 4, 11 and 18, 2010.
On May 21 and 28; June 4, 11 and 18, 2010 a seminar was held in the Argentine and Germany Industry and Trade Chamber which dealt with different tax approaches according to the Export of Services and Services rendered from Abroad, especially related to Income, Added Value and Gross Income Tax. It was led by Patricia Fandiño, Gustavo Penna and Daniela Kumor, members of the Tax Department of Mazars - Estudio Urien & Asociados.
The following topics were discussed:
- Module 1: Local company that offers services abroad. Income. Learn about operations with goods and services in the country or abroad. Withholdings and suffered restrictions. Application of agreements to avoid Double Taxation. Case studies.
- Module 2: Local company which receives services from abroad. Expenses. Deductibility and spending requirements, payments abroad, withholdings and grossing - up. Application of agreements to avoid double taxation. Recent jurisprudence pronouncements. Case studies.
- Module 3: Different types of contracts. Requirements and formalities necessary for registration in the National Institute of Industrial Property (INPI). Minimal capitalization. Implications on revenue stamps.
- Module 4: Transfer Pricing. Compliance with this regulation nowadays. Performance of the Treasury. Responsibility of the Management Bodies to information submitted to the Treasury.
- Module 5: Treatment of expatriates. Forms of remuneration. Treatment of expenditures by the company. Tax treatment to foreigners coming temporarily to the country. Case studies.